Virupa Retreat Centre is a friendly and peaceful Buddhist Retreat Centre, located in Carwoola, NSW. Our activities are guided by our Spiritual Director, Lama Choedak Rinpoche. The centre is part of the Tibetan Buddhist Society of Canberra.
Where: Virupa Retreat Centre, 179 Douglas Close, Carwoola NSW.
Website: Visit the Events page on our website for all the details of this and other retreats at Virupa and in the Canberra region.
Contact Details: Phone (02) 6238 2088 or get in touch by sending us a message here >>
Getting To Virupa: Take the Kings Hwy (Bungendore Rd) from the Red Rooster Roundabout at Queanbeyan towards Bungendore for a few kms, until you reach a large roundabout. Turn right into Captains Flat Road. Follow that 11 km to Douglas Close turnoff on your right. About 2kms along Douglas Close you will come to three driveways: take the middle one with the prayer flags. (for Google Maps click here)
What To Bring To Workshops:
- Layers of warm, comfortable, loose clothing suitable for meditation as well as slippers/thick socks to wear indoors.
- Slip-on shoes and walking shoes.
- Meditation cushions are provided. You are welcome to bring your own meditation cushion and mat if you prefer. There are also chairs available for those that find it difficult to sit on the floor.
- Pen and paper for taking notes.
- Cash if you wish to make an offering to the teachers or you may want to buy something at our gift shop.
- For multi day workshops or retreats: Note that linen is not provided. Please bring a towel, a single bed size top sheet and fitted sheet, as well as a pillowcase, or alternatively a sleeping bag.
Give yourself plenty of time to find the place. Please arrive early for registration and feel free to have a cup of tea and a wander around the centre prior to the starting.
As Virupa is quite high, it is usually cooler than Canberra, so in the cooler months in particular you should pack warm clothes. Lunch and refreshments during breaks will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you there!